Mrs. Shaw’s Physical Education Class!
Welcome to my Physical Education class! This year we are going to focus on integrating more of the STEM aspects into Physical Education, it’s not your parents “gym” class! We will be using stopwatches and pedometers to keep track and be accountable of how physically active we are in class. I’m very excited to be in a new building, and adding new faces on our team. Just like any other academic class, Physical Education has Standards and Benchmarks that need to be met throughout the school year. There will also be more health lessons this year; touching on social-emotional health, drug/alcohol awareness, and much more. I am looking forward to a very adventurous and successful year!
NASPE Standards for Physical Education:
A physically education person
1. Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
2. Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
3. Participates regularly in lifelong physical activity. 4. achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
5. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
6. Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
Michigan Health Education Standards/Benchmarks
Health Website for Parents, Teens, and Kids